Tuesday, December 14, 2010
I've never quite been a fan of beach resorts. I hate the sun, I can't suntan, I don't swim and I don't see a point in water sports. What I do enjoy however, are spa treatments and pretending that I am much richer than I really am. Therefore, BATAM! \o/

It was supposed to be a thing with Jieying, Seah and Jiamin but Jieying had the best timing ever and came down with chickenpox two days before our trip (!!) so Seah's sister took her place.

Pictures all courtesy of Jiamin/Seah's sister because my camera is a 10mgp piece of shite.

I never took the ferry before! (yes SUAKU) It was a surprisingly smooth ride, much unlike the vomit-inducing ride from Hong Kong to Macau.

Our resort was like 5 minutes away from the ferry terminal and resembles a bigger and nicer Downtown East.

And then there are no more pictures because everyone was too lazy.

One terrible (but free) lunch later, it was time for our spa treatment! Let's just say it was an... interesting experience. Strangely invasive LOL. Whatever, I could get used to pretending that I go for spa massages and such on a regular basis.

Dinner at A&W! I'm still not a fan of the rootbeer float because rootbeer still tastes like toothpaste to me. I know I'm the only one who thinks so.

The curly fries on the other hand, were AMAZING.

We went back to the hotel after a round of pointless wandering around the dingy shopping centre and because my idiot of a Blackberry decided to not connect to the free wifi, I had to resort to old-fashioned entertainment in the form of reading a BOOK. How very quaint and 2005! It was nice though, not even going to lie.

It was definitely the most relaxing vacay I've ever had because after an early breakfast the next day, we went back to our rooms and read/slept some more. I had wanted to go to the poolside and read with a fruity beverage like every cliched chicklit you've ever read but it was too bloody hot and so back to the air-conditioned rooms it was!

And... that was about it! We took the 2pm ferry back home and I continued reading and finished the book. AM PROUD OF SELF.

UGH for my next vacay I really really want to go to NYC or LA. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN FOR ME :(

Labels:

 
posted by mian at 10:20 AM | Permalink |