Aaaaanyway. So yes, mostly jesting. However, what I would never jest about is how I abhor guys who talk/write as though they hate the English language. No I don't mean Singlish, because come on I'm not that much of a pretentious ass and I use Singlish all the damn time. What I mean is talking like a bimbo off some idiotic Taiwanese variety show or an ah beng who never passed O Level English, and really, in either situations I can't really fault them since they're essentially uneducated. But when you come from a good school and went to a JC (where you are supposed to have at least passed O Level English and forced to take GP) and you still talk/write like that, it seriously is THE BIGGEST TURN OFF IN THE WORLD.
Singlish speak: "wah lau eh this is seriously sibei pai kua ok"
Stupid Bimbo speak: "blahblahblah wor, blahblah ma, blahblahblah le, blahblah liao ma"
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! WOR. OMG. WOR. THAT WORD IN TEXT MESSAGES MAKES ME WANT TO CLAW MY EYES OUT SO BAD. SERIOUSLY. The moment I see words like these peppering messages (AND ALL OF THEM AT ONCE), it ignites a Pavlovian reaction to gag and roll my eyes. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. Ugh, just. WHY? I swear there's nothing that can turn me off faster than guys who type like that. UNFORGIVABLE.
And at the other end of the spectrum, there's nothing hotter than guys who are eloquent and superbly smart :D I can just listen to Adam/JGL/Jon Stewart (henceforth to be known as the Trifecta of Hot Talented and Sexy) talk alllllllllllll day because mmmmm INTELLIGENCE and BIG VOCABULARY *______________*
And just 'cause.
