Yeah I get that this is some part of your nation-building exercise shit of some sort, but I am also entitled to find this exceedingly insulting and demeaning. First of all, this meme where you will only be happy if you're attached (as exemplified by the cover of shiny happy fake couples) is old. I refuse to explain why it's old because if you don't get it, you don't get it. If you want to have the mindset that you cannot survive without a guy then by all means go ahead.
Secondly, who are these people who are apparently qualified to tell me "finding true love isn't 'mission impossible'"? Who are these experts? Are they not just one of those smug attached couples who like to impart their so-called wisdom and advice on the "poor single people"? And even more insulting is this "Style - Outfits that flatter your body shape" article. Wow where do I even begin. Sure, articles such as this are found in almost every single women's magazine. The main difference is that when it's in a women's magazine, it's written with the intention of self-empowerment. But when it appears in a magazine like this FUCKING SDU magazine, the subtext just screams "DRESS BETTER, SO YOU CAN FIND YOUR BETTER HALF". Fuck you, if I want to dress better, it's because I want to feel and look hot, and yeah all the better if people find me hot too, but it's NOT GOING TO BE BECAUSE IF I DON'T DO SO, I WOULD NEVER GET MARRIED. To put it simply:
Random Women's Magazine: Dress Hot! -----> LOOK HOT, FEEL HOT BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT (insert makeup/clothes/perfume tagline)
SDU Magazine: Dress Hot! -----> So you can find a man, and get married already omg you're 23. Wait what you mean there's such thing called your career? Rubbish. If you don't have a family and 2.5 kids and a HDB flat in Punggol by the time you're 25 you are a FAILURE.
So you know what, I'd rather not conform to your ridiculous societal norms, Singapore. I do what I want, I don't do what the fucking government and all you people with your inane expectations want.
.....and I'm back in the game. LOL THEM WORDS ARE COMING.
Always lovely to jumpstart my brain with a pointless rant about nothing.
And since I haven't posted a picture in like.. 3 months, here's a collage of pictures at Universal Studios (which like I said, is awesomely awesome and I WANT TO GO AGAIN FML)
(bloody hell why is the collage so blurry)
Labels: random rants
