So while I was fairly mortified by the Speak Good English campaign (is the campaign name even grammatically sound? well I guess Speak English Well campaign just doesn't have the same ring. unless they were trying to be ironic in a strange way... lol never mind), I have to say that probably approximately 75% of Singapore's population needs English classes, and pronto. And I'm not trying to be a snob, because I am not (most of the time), but when you sound completely incoherent while typing a simple sentence, it makes me want to weep for the future of Singapore. GODDAMNIT PEOPLE WHY WON'T YOU THINK OF THE CHILDREN. DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO SPEAK LIKE AH LIANS WHEN THEY GROW UP. It's already bad enough that we're getting flooded by fucking tiongs -- more ah lians? It's like the ultimate Time to Migrate or Kill Self reason.
Labels: pointless post is pointless, random rants