This song was really hot during the secondary school days, what with its catchy chorus and insipid lyrics and all, but even as a kid, I've been struck by how just FULL OF SHITE the lyrics actually are. And till today I am surprised how this song did so well given just how rage-inducing the lyrics are. GIRLS, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? All I can say, if you take the guy back after him sprouting all this shit, then you probably deserve the jackass in the first place.
I've been letting you down, down
Girl I know I've been such a fool
Giving in to temptation
When I should've played it cool
The situation got out of hand
I hope you understand (WHAT. WHAT. WHAT)
Chorus
It can happen to..
Anyone of us, anyone you think of (THAT IS THE STUPIDEST AND LAMEST EXCUSE EVER)
Anyone can fall
Anyone can hurt someone they love
Hearts will break
´Cause I made a stupid mistake
It can happen to..
Anyone of us, say you will forgive me
Anyone can fail
Say you will believe me
I can´t take my heart will break (WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT EARLIER AND LEARNED TO CONTROL YOUR DICK)
´Cause I made a stupid mistake
A stupid mistake
She was kind of exciting
A little crazy I should´ve known
She must have altered my senses (YEAH, BLAME THE OTHER GIRL, WHY DON'T YOU)
´Cause I offered to walk her home
The situation got out of hand
I hope you understand
Chorus
A stupid mistake
she means nothing to me
(nothing to me)
I swear every word is true
don´t wanna lose you
but because I am obviously full of double standards, JGL would totally be the exception to the rule if I had one of my own
LOL OKAY DONE. Brain just needed a jumpstart for some writing.
