Honestly? While I love her songs and think she's really fabulous and out of this world, I've never been a HUGE fan of hers because she is FUCKING UNREAL. And I don't mean that in a complimentary way. Have you EVER seen her anywhere without her full makeup and hair and costumes (YES COSTUMES)? And then there's all that insane things she's doing - getting a tattoo for her fans (yes I get that she's appreciative but SERIOUSLY?!), going on a baby food diet so that she can get even skinnier than she already is, saying things like "i'd rather die than be seen without my makeup and costumes" (YEAH OK) amongst various other things I can't remember (I'm still choosing to give her the benefit of the doubt that the rumour of her getting her FUCKING LEG AMPUTATED SO THAT HER LEG LOOKS NICER is false. if not... LOL)
She's seriously so far out of this world I just cannot comprehend all the things she's doing and I just cannot relate. And when I cannot relate, I cannot appreciate you as a person and as artiste. Your songs still rock, of course. I just cannot see what's the big deal about you anymore. You look crazy 24/7 anyway. When you actually show up wearing a t-shirt and jeans maybe then I will think that OH YEAH SHE'S FRESH AND CHANGING THINGS UP. But no you are not. Which brings me to my next point as to why I'm sick and tired of her.
STOP. THE. FUCKING. COMPARISONS. TO. EVERYONE. ELSE. IN. THE. MUSIC. BUSINESS.
This is of no fault of hers, but rather her fucking lunatic fans who basically bash every single artist in the industry, EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FAR LONG BEFORE GAGA WAS EVEN WRITING MUSIC, who even dare to be remotely different or refreshing. NO IDIOTS, CHRISTINA AGUILERA HAS BEEN FABULOUS AND THEATRICAL SINCE 1999 WHEN GAGA WAS 13 YEARS OLD, DON'T INSULT HER BY SAYING THAT SHE'S COPYING GAGA. AND SORRY, CHRISTINA CAN ACTUALLY, Y'KNOW, SING.
I'm bored of her. Really bored. And I'm obviously not the only one.
Gem of an article: http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/05/something_about_lady_gagas_ame.html
discoamz: What did you think of Gaga on American Idol last night?
$har: I just watched it online. Turned it off halfway through. Her voice sounded ... weird.
discoamz: Agreed — it was off.
discoamz: But the outfit didn't make me want to keep watching. Nor did all those twigs on her piano.
$har: No, definitely not.
$har: Although, she did try to make the cape thing happen.
discoamz: Meh. I think she's more about showing as much of her ass as she can on network television.
$har: More than ass.
discoamz: The outfit was Armani. Did you see the drawing?
$har: I liked the drawing.
discoamz: Me too.
$har: I thought it was going to have sparkles, at the very least.
discoamz: You're right — maybe that's what got me down. The lack of sparkles.
discoamz: I probably would have been more intrigued if she did a full-on bullfighter-themed look to go with the song, and made one of her dancers play the bull with horns and a ring through his nose.
$har: Definitely! that would've been better. Total misuse of the male dancers.
discoamz: We've seen them writhe around in spandex bottoms before.
$har: And masks.
discoamz: YES, masks. But I will say this of Gaga's look.
discoamz: I felt it had that "I just walked through a burning car wreck" aesthetic, which is how I felt after watching the spring Rodarte show.
$har: I didn't have that kind of feeling.
$har: I felt more guilty because of my disinterest after three minutes.
$har: And I NEVER turn off Gaga.
discoamz: Yes, I felt guilty too. I turned it off at around four minutes.
discoamz: Maybe we're getting tired of seeing Gaga try so hard.
$har: SHE looks tired from trying so hard — don't you think?
discoamz: I get stressed out by her outfits sometimes.
$har: Why?
discoamz: Because it is SO MUCH WORK. It's hard enough for me to pick out a T-shirt and jeans in the morning sometimes. What kind of torment does she endure?
$har: But for her, it's like "there's no turning back."
$har: She can't out-Gaga herself.
$har: And she can't de-Gaga.
$har: She's trapped in her own Gaga.
discoamz: Yes, this is true.
$har: And maybe last night, we saw the results of that. And the danger is that people ... tune out.
discoamz: Yeah. We're TOO used to her crazy now.
discoamz: It's hard to care a whole lot when Madonna wears an eye patch these days. And it's hard to care a whole lot when Gaga pastes a net to her face.
$har: You're so desensitized.
discoamz: Not necessarily.
discoamz: Well maybe.
discoamz: But what else can she do with herself?
$har: Put clothes on?
discoamz: She's done that.
discoamz: If she shaved her head I'd be shocked.
$har: I don't think I would be.
$har: She really has no limits.
discoamz: Interesting.
discoamz: What would shock you then?
$har: Hmm ...
$har: No makeup.
$har: Remember she got really upset when a photo leaked of her with no makeup?
$har: Even if she shaved her head, she would still wear the makeup.
$har: But the clean look — she's not down.
discoamz: Yes, Gaga: no makeup, unretouched would be a great GET for, like, Cosmo.
discoamz: Or what if she became a bodybuilder?
$har: That would be fascinating.
discoamz: And ran around with Muscle Milk and towels all the time?
discoamz: And ate publicly.
discoamz: OR
discoamz: She could just become the plus-size pop star.
discoamz: Fashion loves plus-size these days (or so they say).
discoamz: And she could, like, eat ice-cream cones as part of her act.
$har: That sounds kinda raunchy.
discoamz: Well, look at her past work.
discoamz: Or she could just become completely boring.
$har: now that would be ironic.
Yeah time to change your game, Gaga. You're losing people.